Thursday, September 18, 2008

Great start to this school year!...so far

I haven't blogged for a little bit, but I have a good explanation. It's "AFTERNOON KINDERGARTEN IS MAKING ME LAZY!" Let me just say that my kids have always done morning kindergarten and afternoon definitely takes the cake! I only have to get two kids off in the morning -well- really only one because Mckay is 12 and heaven forbid I comb his hair. So mornings are a breeze. Then Tyson and Whitney and I do errands, go for bike rides, and maybe even run to Park City. I've even taken them to play in day care at the gym for a bit while I "enjoy" a spin class. Then it's lunch time and then Tyson goes to school and Whitney takes a nap and...Ahhhh, I have 2 1/2 hours to do absolutely whatever I want. Which is normally sitting on the couch thinking I'd better read and take advantage of this time because this won't happen too often. But apparently it does happen and it is going to continue to happen the rest of the school year, so I've set my mind to do more productive things with my time. Even though I really don't want to.. So we'll see what happens...I'm really not that enthused about doing anything right now...I'm absolutely revelling in all this quiet time!

Click to play Tyson September 2008
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard


So as far as new things this month goes, Tyson has lost 3 teeth and 1 more is loose just in the past month! Yes, he brushes, and he loves milk, I just think it's strange! Also he and all the other 5 year old boys on our street decided to toss the training wheels out and ride a two-wheeler! It's funny how when a child decides he wants to do something it just happens! He learned so fast! He's now my Two wheeling, Toothless, Tyson! He is so proud of it too!

Kelsey is really enjoying 2nd grade, and it's really nice to finally have some girls in our neighborhood in her class this year! She's at such a fun age now, too, we can enjoy shopping together and doing just girl things. We went dress shopping - just ther two of us- last Saturday, and then went to our favorite place to eat (Kneaders) for lunch. We had such a good time! It's pretty cute to see some of the habits that she has totally picked up from me. The other night she came in my room and climbed in my bed while I was reading and she had her own book with her. She said she couldn't sleep yet either, so we both read our books cuddled together on my bed.

Mckay is doing pretty well in 7th grade (yikes! I remember being in 7th grade!). He seems to never have homework and gets it all done before he gets home, so he says, we'll see when the grades are posted. But really, he's always been that way and just sails through school. He's such an easy kid! He, through the fault of his mother, is not playing football this year. But he has been taking golf lessons and has been golfing a lot with his dad and grandpa Smith. So I hope he doesn't hold a grudge that I forgot to sign him up until the last minute when the football teams were already way too full. He has been staying busy with golf, friends, and his favorite pass time - hanging out with grandpa JL helping out on the farm and doing other side jobs JL has for him. It's interesting how he loves to work and help grandpa, but if I ask him to take out our trash that's a big deal! Oh well, at least he's mostly perfect.

Click to play Whitney 20 months old
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Whitney is just getting cuter and cuter, and since she's my last, even the things she's not suppose to do are cute! She's now my little escape artist, which is SCARY! Last Sunday night my mother-in-law came over to visit and said "so where's Whitney?" Travis and I answered, "Oh somewhere playing" Then she said "you mean by the trash can in front of your neighbor's house on the street in the dark?" and I said "Oh!" Thank goodness they came over when they did because who knows what would have happened! Then a couple days later I couldn't find her, even though I had seen her just minutes before, I went outside and Mandy was holding her. She said that she looked over at our driveway and Whitney was zipping down it in her little pink stroller screaming at the top of her lungs, so Mandy ran to her rescue. Thank heaven for neighbors! So now I'm looking for door safety things that will fit our front door. Anyway Whitney is a hoot and hopefully I can keep her safe! She is now in love with Cinderella and Dora. She can point and name the princesses on her pajamas, which is priceless! Then she finally got a Cinderella costume and would not take it off all day, even the crown was hard to coax off of her. I guess she knows that she is our little princess! She tells me "I don't like it" or "I don't want it." Pretty princessish lingo I think!

Here are some of the things that kept us busy this summer.
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Summertime 2008
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


Our 24th of July was fun, we spent it with our families.
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: July 24, 2008
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


Other fun pictures from August and September...
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: September 2008
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I saw Whit walking down the street pushing your stroller (you behind) in her Cinderella costume! She is so cute. I love those restful peaceful afternoons!

Jenn said...

Must say that you're green swimming suit is rather cute! ;)

bonnerbunch said...

I can't wait for the times when Laynee and I can go shopping together!! I love spending time one on one with my kids too! We need to make a girls date one Saturday afternoon!