Lately I have been getting the biggest kick out of Whitney! She learns things so fast and has the vocabulary of a four year old. I don't have to wonder what is going on in her little head anymore because she just goes ahead and tells me. Today we were running around the house, roaring, and chasing an imaginary dinosaur that she said we needed to "chase and catch it and feed dinosaur some grass." She continued by saying,"shhh, mom, go get it! It's right there!" Where on earth did this imagination come from? I'm blaming Dora the Explorer, which is THE only show on TV worth watching as far as Whitney is concerned. So for her story before her nap I dug out one of Tysons pop out dinosaur books. She thought it was pretty neat to touch all the pop outs. Any other of my one year old babies would have torn the book to shreads. She is so old for her age, but I love it!
Her newest favorite thing is a Dora potty chair we saw at Wal-Mart last week. She ended up taking it and sitting on it in the cart the rest of our time there. Once we got it home, she has carried it around with her (I know gross! But I clean it!) like a doll. The good thing is that she knows what it is for, and puts it on the toilet seat and sits there forever until she goes potty. It would be great, however she tells me to "get the stool and sit mommy" so I don't get anything done while she takes her time on her potty chair. But once again I'm putty in her hands and laugh and smile. She cracks me up! I guess it's time for pull ups.
She also gives what we call "Chunker kisses" - where she puckers up her lips as big as can be at the mention of one, and everyone gets one, well at least Travis and I get thousands a day! This past month we have noticed she has a "hereditary gene" from Travis's family that makes her bite the bottom left side of her lip absentmindedly...in her car seat, or playing with blocks and toys. Travis does it all the time, and so does his mom and sister. It's really funny!
She let me put curlers in her hair the other day. I have been going in withdrawls because Kelsey no longer lets me do braids and crazy buns and fun hair things, and Whitney, bless her heart, barely has any hair for me to play with. So, regaurdless of the out come, it was fun to have her be excited about getting her hair done.
2 comments:
When did she grow up? I swear she was a quiet little babe.
We are working on potty training as well, but I really have no idea what I am doing! Some days he will go several times and others he won't go at all. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Whitney is such a cutie!
Post a Comment