Monday, September 28, 2009

Camping with the family





Our family went camping the end of September in Mill B. It was beautiful! I have never been camping in the fall before. I think we will have to do it more often. (Just maybe not when Travis is helping to gather the cattle from off the mountain for the winter next time.) The main reason I don't usually go when they are gathering the cattle is because I am incredibly allergic to cows and horses...I get hives...can't breathe..the whole shabang. The association does this every year, but usually Travis just goes up early in the morning and comes home late at night for the whole weekend. I decided that it might be fun to join the others that were camping that weekend. (Which ended up only being Dawnette, JL, Troy, JT and our family in our own camp.) I figured it could be possible to keep everyone that was "contaminated" out of my trailer (Travis would just drive home and shower and change his clothes..I know..how nice). Anyway, it worked really well the first night. The next day after Mckay went with them on the cattle drive he came into the trailer without showering or changing his clothes and took a nap in the back. Needless to say, when we were packing up to go home, my right eye was swollen shut, my whole body was an itchy mess, and I could barely breathe. Fun stuff! Other than that last part, we had a great time!


Click to play this Smilebox photobook: Camp September 2009
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook


I thought our family was a big camping family, but this year we only went three times, and one of those times we only went up to visit other campers! I'm hoping next year we have more time to go. It is the perfect way to get away from everything! This next scrap book is our first camping trip of the year over the 24th of July. We went up with all of Travis's family. The kids all had a super time together!

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: July2009 Camp
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

1 comment:

Becky said...

If I had something better than a tent, I think I would join you! McKay looks like a pro fisherman, Kelsey knows how to "camp", Tyson always has a smile, and Whitney is adorable!