My sister and I have only one child left at home while the others are at school, and they are not old enough for preschool yet. So we took just them to the zoo. What a relaxing day! I usually have at least three kids I am trying to keep track of. One was not bad at all. It also helps when it is a beautiful day and there are no crowds! Anyway, we had a great time. The baby elephant -Zuri- is darling and we wanted to stay and watch it the whole day. The tiger cubs were cute too, but we couldn't see them very well in the bushes, so I took a picture of their picture (it was too cute not to!) We haven't been there for a long time, and this was the first time we got to go on their animal carousel. You don't need to buy a ticket for the parents if you are just going on to hold your child up (which is necessary because they do not have belts to buckle around them.) Whitney and Cole were excited to see all the animals and played really cute together! It's hard to go to the zoo on such a nice day like that, because I will probably not be so willing to go any other time except September/October when there is no excessive heat and barely anyone there!
We also had a fun time with my grandma Guernsey over the weekend. The Jamestown assisted living place where she lives always has the funnest things planned for little kids to spend time with the residents. This time it was their fall carnival. The kids had a blast and loved playing the games over and over again to get more tickets, because that means more prizes of course! It was really funny at the magic show (which was interesting at first and then it just kept on going...)I asked my grandma how she was doing and in a really loud voice she said, "Well, I'm BORED!!" So then we left, apparently she liked the games and fun outside better.
1 comment:
Sounds like fun. So you still have not added us to the 'family' column....ah our address is
mattmaritza.blogspot.com.
Hope all is well with you guys!
Post a Comment