![]() |
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |
Sunday, January 24, 2010
My Amazing Grandma Guernsey
My sweet grandma passed away early this morning, January 24, 2010. I loved her so much. She was such a great example to me. She was adventurous, loved her family, and passed on the love of learning and the importance of education to not only her own children, but her grandchildren too! She never let obstacles stand in the way of something that she wanted to accomplish. She has lived an amazing life and I hope that when I am in my 80's I will have at least half of the energy that she had! She was always supportive of everything I did and seemed to compliment me all the time on everything...from the way my kids looked and acted on a certain day to the complexion of my face...I guess that's what grandmas are suppose to do, but it always seemed so heartfelt and made me feel better about myself! It was nice to look back on all of my pictures that I have of her. I know that she is overjoyed right now to be reunited with her family that has passed on before her, but I also know that I will miss her a lot! I am so grateful that all of my kids have had the opportunity to know her. I was definitely blessed to have had such wonderful grandparents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Jessica, I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your Grandma, it's always hard to lose a loved one no matter how old they are, or how good of a life they lived. Glad you have such happy memories of her. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Great pictures of Grandma you put together Jess! I can't help but tear up to know how lucky we are to have her as our Grandma.
Looks and sounds like an incredible lady. What a great legacy she is leaving! Lots of love to you and your family!
Sheesh! I haven't really had a good cry until I looked at this. Thanks for being so great at taking pictures. I have so many great memories of being with grandma and grandpa. What great Grandparents we have!
Also makes me realize how nice it would've been to have always live closer. It's kind of sad to see pictures of the whole family there with grandma except my family. But my kids still knew her well and loved her too. And we're here now :)
Post a Comment