Saturday, February 6, 2010

Now we've got the kids hooked! Yay!





Tyson and Kelsey just finished their second snowboarding lesson and they love it! Their first day they just got comfortable with their boards and learned how to ride with one foot out of the binding. They went on the lift once with the instructor and went down the hill once with both feet strapped in. I think I made their instructor a little crazy, because I kept interrupting the lesson. First I thought for sure Tyson was not "goofy" footed and that he should be strapped in regular, but the instructor assured me that this was what Tyson wanted. Then Tyson's goggles were falling off his head, so I came to the rescue. Then at the end of the lesson I guess I was suppose to wait in a line to hear how my children did, because when I showed up and said "So how'd they do?" I got a very annoyed look from the instructor. Then he turned to a different kid's mom to tell her how her kids did. Eventually it was my turn to be informed about the day's progress. (If you have ever seen Meet The Parents, the flight attendant is how I describe the first instructor!!) Anyway, I liked the second day much better!! The second day they went down the hill several times and even got on and off the lift all by themselves without their instructor! Yes, I was a basket case the first couple of times watching them get on the lift. But they really have the hang of it! It is the cutest thing to watch! There is a spot on the "bunny hill" that Travis and I hiked up to so that we could take pictures and watch them learn. There was even a padded big wooden case that we sat on and Whitney took a nap on. It worked out perfect! We are taking them back next week for their third lesson and have recruited some of their cousins to try snowboarding too. It is going to be a lot of fun seeing them all up there on the hill!

Learning the "falling leaf" or the "garland" Good job guys!!


I love this picture! The second day was not as busy, so Kelsey and Tyson were the only students the instructor had. It was like a private lesson!


I can't believe they weren't afraid to get on the lift by themselves!


Away they go!


...SOOO Cute!



I thought they would be tired after the lesson was over, but they wanted to keep going down again and again!


They've got it down now!


Whitney played with her friends while their siblings took lessons. They had just as much fun as the snowboarders I think!


The second day that Kelsey and Tyson had lessons, Whitney's friends weren't there. So she played in the snow a bit and then fell asleep!

2 comments:

Spencer's Adventures said...

Cute pictures! I'm going to have to find that padded box. I'm off with Tyler up there on Thursday!

Becky said...

Tyson and Kelsey look like pros!! Kade had a lot of fun today! I am not sure how he will manage getting on and off the lift himself. I guess it will take more practice! :)