Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The first day of school, or Christmas?



Last night if you came ove to my house, you would have thought it was Christmas Eve! For some reason, Kelsey and Tyson were so excited for the first day of school! More than I remember any other year for any of my kids. They were so excited that they were even being excessively nice to each other, it was funny! But I loved it! They sat their clothes out and helped to pack their luches, which they were REALLY excited about, took their showers and got in their PJs way early. Their anticipation for today was contagious I have to say. I started getting excited for them to leave too! Just kidding, but yeah it is kind of nice today. So I hope they have a great day at school and that it is not a big let down!

And away they go, a little early, but they have been awake and ready for the past hour! "Can we go now?" was Tyson's favorite phrase this morning. I wonder how long this will last? My guess...two more days.



Mckay was even a good sport this morning and let me take his picture. He leaves for the bus at 7:15 in the morning and notice those shoes in the background. That is Kelsey, all dressed and ready to run out the door, even though she does not leave for another hour. Funny!






We went to the open house at our new high school on Saturday. Oh my gosh! It is HUGE! And beautiful! I wish I had a big picture of the front of it. Anyway, my kids were really excited to see it. When we got there Day's Market was handing out balloons, free hot dogs, drinks, chicken strips, and ice cream. Who doesn't love free lunch! We had gone early enough that there was barely anyone there. After we ate the kids decided they wanted their faces painted, so we went and stood in line. The lady that was painting their faces was amazing. Of course that meant 10 minutes per child, so the line went very slow even though it wasn't long. However the kids loved the results! She's hired for our next family party for sure! I was blown away at how nice this school is. It almost makes me wish I was a freshman all over again. My kids are definitely lucky to be able to go there. Mckay only has one more year, Yikes!

Whitney sat very still.


Tyson really wanted to be Darth Vader, but apparently that is copy writed or something.


Check out the main gym. I have a feeling it is going to be packed for the first game!


Oh, and there are two other gyms like this one.


This room reminds me of college English, but it is just one of their lecture rooms.


Gold's gym apparently moved in also. Just kidding, but these kids have no reason not to be in shape, that's for sure!


Thought I'd add another cute face panting picture!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I love that they were ready at 7:15 and pounding down the door.

renee' said...

Thanks for sharing the pics of the new HS, we never made it over there. I love it! The start of school is so fun and your kids looks great!